The City Secretary is appointed by the City Council. The position of the City Secretary is a statutory position required by State law and the City Charter.
The City Secretary serves the citizens of Aransas Pass by:
- Assisting the Mayor and City Council in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities
- Improving public access to municipal records and other information
- Processing Vendor and Alcohol permits
- Providing daily assistance to all administrative departments of the City
- Serving as Elections Administrator for City elections
Records Management in the City Secretary's office includes preservation, management, and disposal of City records in accordance with the Texas State Library requirements; providing information to the public in compliance with the Public Information Act.