The Building Department's mission is to ensure commercial building and residential homes constructed, altered or maintained within the City of Aransas Pass's jurisdiction meet recognized standards for quality of life and building safety. In order to facilitate this responsibility we provide a full range of plan review and construction inspection services to support enforcement of the International Code.
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Existing Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
11/8/23- Setback inspections must be completed before a Plumbing Rough inspection is scheduled. Effective 01/01/24.
- Process permits and review plans for all remodeling and new construction.
- Conduct inspection for all permits issued upon client request.
- Enforce Codes to ensure public safety.
- Responds to citizen complaints regarding non-permitted structures and work.
- Share information on construction procedures and codes requirements.
- Manage and maintain records for permits issued within the City.
- Please note that any permit applications brought in after 4:30pm will not be processed until the next business day.
- Permits are not valid and issued until the application and plans have been approved by staff and the permit fees have been paid.
- Green placards are required to be on your job. These are issued when you obtain your permit.
- INSPECTIONS MUST BE CALLED IN 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE BY 4:00 P.M.
To ensure that your permit process is completed, please email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once it has been reviewed, we will email you with any additional information that is needed. YOUR PERMIT IS NOT COMPLETED BY JUST FILLING OUT THIS FORM. Please call 361-758-3111 option 3 if you have any questions. PLEASE SUBMIT DIGITAL PLANS.