- You are here
- Development Services
City Zoning Regulations
City zoning regulations are one of the tools that guide orderly development of the community. Similar land uses are typically grouped together in a zoning district:
- Most residences within the City are located in the "R-7A", "R-7B", "R-10" or "R-16" Single-Family Residential Zoning Districts.
- Manufactured home parks and subdivisions are located in the "MH" Manufactured Home Zoning District.
- Retail and commercial uses are located in the "GB" General Business Zoning District.
- Heavier trafficked and industrial uses are located in "HC" Heavy Commercial, "LI" Light Industrial, and "HI" Heavy Industrial Zoning Districts.
Change of Zoning
Residents may request a change of zoning in order to adjust the zoning district to meet the desired land use by filling out the Application for Change of Zoning. Once a completed application has been submitted to the Development Services office, staff will schedule your request to be heard before the Planning & Zoning Commission and the City Council.
Variances from the Zoning Ordinance may also be requested through a Zoning Variance Application. Variance requests are heard by the Zoning Board of Adjustments.
- 0.00 ≤ 4.99 acres: $800.00
- 5.00 ≤ 9.99 acres: $1,000.00
- 10.00 acres or more: $1,000.00 + $50.00/acre over 10
- Planned Development Fees (in addition to rezoning fees above) – 5.00 acres or more: $500.00
- Conditional Use Permits (in addition to rezoning fees above): $200.00
Planning & Zoning Commission
The Planning & Zoning Commission is a City commission composed of nine citizens appointed by the City Council. This commission hears zoning change requests, land subdivision requests, and other related items. Regular meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month at 5:15 p.m. in the Aransas Pass City Hall Council Chambers, 600 West Cleveland Boulevard.
Zoning Board of Adjustments
The Zoning Board of Adjustments is a quasi-judicial City board that reviews zoning variance requests to the City zoning ordinance. It is composed of seven citizens—five regular members and two alternate members—that are appointed by the City Council. Regular meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday of the month at 5:00 p.m. in the Aransas Pass City Hall Council Chambers, 600 West Cleveland Boulevard.