Hurricane Harvey Recovery

Red Flag with Black Rectangle in the Middle

We understand that residents want to get to work on their homes and businesses as soon as possible. But the following MUST happen before any repairs/reconstruction begin:

  • You MUST obtain a permit for any electrical, plumbing, construction, or mechanical work.
  • To get a permit, your contractor MUST be registered with the City of Aransas Pass.

These steps are put in place to protect you and your property. Permit prices are based on the total cost of the work being done. As of November 2, the City of Aransas Pass Building Department will be returning to its regular fees for permits.

If you begin work without a permit, you will be issued a stop-work order until the required permits are issued. Where work that requires a permit begins prior to obtaining the permit, the permit fees will be doubled. (City of Aransas Pass Code of Ordinances, Chapter 5 - Building and Construction, Article I, Section 5-2 N.)

Our Public Works Office at 601 N. Avenue A is open for permitting Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.

Starting November 2, all demolitions will require a Demolition Permit.

The City of Aransas Pass requires that all contractors working in the City be registered with our Building Department. Be advised that inclusion on this list does not constitute an endorsement by the City. So please continue to do your due diligence before hiring a contractor.

Current List of registered contractors by categories:

Plumbing Contractors (PDF)

Electrical Contractors (PDF)

Mechanical Licenses (PDF)

General Contractors (PDF)